Location: NEW YORK, NY, USA
Goal: To escape poverty by making money online
Date started: 1st February 2017
Goal Completion Date: TBA
Situation Description: I’ve lived in poverty my entire life. My parents, bless their socks, tried their best to give us kids everything we wanted, but they just weren’t able to. They couldn’t hold down most jobs for more than a few months at a time and even if they did, it was only the jobs that barely paid enough to put food on the table, let alone cover rent.
I know that if I’m going ever escape the typical inter-generational cycle of poverty, I need to do something about this. I need to be the one to step up and make something happen. I’ve decided to do this myself.
Actions: The specific actions I’m going to take are as follows:
Action 1: Discover different techniques to make money online.
The first has got to be researching the different ways to make money online. I know there are hundreds of different ways to make money online, but I simply have no idea what they are.
This means I need to jump on Google, find what everyone else is suggesting, and see which one is going to work for me. I’ll put each different method into a list and then keep notes about which one gets recommended the most. This way, I can get a guage on which one people recommend I should start with.
Action 2: Choose the best method for me
Once I’ve got a list of all the different methods, I’m going to sift through them and find the one that’s best for me. The way I’m going to do that is as follows:
- Remove all methods that were only recommended once by the different websites I’ve found. If something’s only recommended once then it obviously can’t be that good and I need to move onto something else.
- Remove anything that costs more than $50 to start. I know the old saying ‘You need to spend money to make money’, but when you don’t have money, you can’t spend it. Because of that, the next step is to remove anything that requires more than $50 to start with
- Remove any process that requires skills I don’t have. While it would be good to be able to jump into the one I think’s going to make me the most money, if I don’t have the skills to do it, there’s no point. While I would love to make websites and deliver online tutorials, I just don’t know how and learning is either going to be expensive or too time-consuming. So, to make sure I’m making money as soon as possible, I’m going remove every method on the list that requires learning something new.
- Filter the remaining topics by the topics I’m most interested in. If I’m not interested in a way to make money, I’m not going to stick at it. I know myself well enough to know that. I know this is going to take time and I need to be interested to keep going with this. Because of this, I’m going to filter the remain methods in order of topic I’m interested in from the most to the least, to give myself the best chance of success.
- Choose the highest rated method that will make me money in the next month. Once I have my list filtered from most to least interesting, then the last step is to choose the method that’s going to make me money in the next month. I need cash and I need cash now. If it’s not going to make money in the next month, I just don’t have time to do it. So, I’m going to choose the method on the list that will make me money in the next month
Action 3: Follow the steps provided
The guides I’ve quickly looked through seem to have some great step-by-step tutorials for making money, so the final step will be to follow those. I’m committing to following their instructions exactly, regardless of how silly some of them might seem, for the next 30 days to see what kind of results I can produce.
I’ll update here with my results.